By Ying Tan, Yuhui Shi, Carlos A Coello Coello
This publication and its better half quantity, LNCS vol. 8794 and 8795 represent the complaints of the fifth overseas convention on Swarm Intelligence, ICSI 2014, held in Hefei, China in October 2014. The 107 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 198 submissions. The papers are prepared in 18 cohesive sections, three particular periods and one aggressive consultation overlaying all significant issues of swarm intelligence examine and improvement akin to novel swarm-based seek equipment; novel optimization set of rules; particle swarm optimization; ant colony optimization for traveling salesman challenge; man made bee colony algorithms; man made immune process; evolutionary algorithms; neural networks and fuzzy equipment; hybrid tools; multi-objective optimization; multi-agent structures; evolutionary clustering algorithms; category tools; GPU-based tools; scheduling and direction making plans; instant sensor networks; strength procedure optimization; swarm intelligence in picture and video processing; functions of swarm intelligence to administration difficulties; swarm intelligence for real-world application.
Read Online or Download Advances in Swarm Intelligence: 5th International Conference, ICSI 2014, Hefei, China, October 17-20, 2014, Proceedings, Part II PDF
Best international_1 books
This quantity includes the papers approved for the 4th Workshop on set of rules Engineering (WAE 2000) held in Saarbruc ¨ ken, Germany, in the course of 5–8 September 2000, including the summary of the invited lecture given by means of Karsten Weihe. The Workshop on set of rules Engineering covers learn on all elements of the topic.
The wealthy programme of ICIDS 2009, comprising invited talks, technical pres- tations and posters, demonstrations, and co-located post-conference workshops in actual fact underscores the event’s prestige as most appropriate foreign assembly within the area. It thereby con? rms the choice taken by way of the Constituting Committee of the convention sequence to take the breakthrough: out of the nationwide cocoons of its precursors, ICVS and TIDSE, and in the direction of an itinerant platform re?
- Formal Methods in Macro-Biology: First International Conference, FMMB 2014, Nouméa, New Caledonia, September 22-24, 2014. Proceedings
- International Finance in the New World Order (Series in International Business and Economics)
- Housing for Special Groups. Proceedings of an International Seminar Organized by the Committee on Housing, Building and Planning of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, and Held in the Hague, 8–13 November 1976
- International Handbook on Comparative Business Law
- Sponsor- and Country-Related Predictors of Sponsorship Effectiveness: Sponsorship in a National and International Environment (Applied Marketing Science / Angewandte Marketingforschung)
- OpenMP: Memory, Devices, and Tasks: 12th International Workshop on OpenMP, IWOMP 2016, Nara, Japan, October 5-7, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Extra resources for Advances in Swarm Intelligence: 5th International Conference, ICSI 2014, Hefei, China, October 17-20, 2014, Proceedings, Part II
Keywords: feature selection, rough set, fish swarm algorithm, ant colony optimization, chaotic binary particle swarm optimization. 1 Introduction Feature selection is the process of choosing a good subset of relevant features and eliminating redundant ones from an original feature set, which can be perceived as a principal pre-processing tool for solving the classification problem . The main objective of feature selection is to find a minimal feature subset from a set of features with high performance in representing the original features .
In PSO, a particle represents a candidate solution to the problem, which has its own velocity and position in a given search space. PSO starts with the stochastic initialization of a population of particles which move in the search space to find the optimal solution by updating the position of each particle by using its own experience and its companion’s experience . Assume a swarm includes N particles which move around in a D-dimensional search space. The velocity of the ith particle in different space can be represented by vi = (vi1 , vi 2 , , viD ) , and the position for the ith particle in different space can be noted as xi = ( xi1 , xi 2 , , xiD ) .
1. 1 Datasets and Parameters Setting To evaluate the usefulness of the proposed algorithms, we carry out experiments on six datasets of the UCI machine learning repository. In Dermatology (Der) dataset, some samples are missed in age feature, so it is removed. In the experiments, the five algorithms require additional parameter settings for their operations. 0. 5, the number of ants is half the number of features and the maximum iteration equals 50. 0 , population size P = 20, maximum iteration T = 500, velocity Vmax = 4, Vmin = −4 .